Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Pack Rat Begins Packing

A friend sent out several banana boxes recently so I have begun packing up some of my heavier books in these and lying an old sheet over the top for protection. The cats think I'm doing this just for them in order that they have a wider choice of napping stations. I need to get so many more cartons as I have one large book case that used to take over fourteen boxes of books but now groans underneath the burden of my mother's old gardening, health and spiritual tomes as well. Note to self- I need more bookcases. Other note to self- don't tell family this as they'll suggest I need to get rid of some of my books.


I still have not had written notice to leave yet although the real estate agent rang last night and said the property is now officially for sale and he'll be bringing a client through on Sunday afternoon. I rang the Tenancy Tribunal to ask how exactly I get my bond money back and they put me through to the bond division who looked up their records and discovered my bond had never been lodged with them in March 2007. Landlords are required to do this within 23 working days so I have no idea where the money is. As I borrowed the money and will still be paying this off until February 2009 this is not great news so better get painting and selling some work to cover everything.

2 comments:

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

Jen what did they say to do about the bond that should have been lodged but wasnt
Its your $$ unless there is damage to the house
Id fight to get it back
Jen

on Monday Im going to fight (at the tribunal)my old ex landlord hes being silly about my bond

damask22 said...

I have to ask the landlord for a bond number. If they haven't got one this confirms that they haven't lodged the bond so then I ring the Tibunal back and they'll advise me what to do. I'm certain it's just a misunderstanding though.

Jen