Saturday, February 23, 2008

Cat Crimes

I sat in cat sick yesterday. I don't recommend it. How I missed seeing it before my backside hit the scene of crime is beyond me. At first I thought the chair had somehow been rained on from inside but when I lifted myself up and discovered matted fur on my skirt I realised in horror what had happened. Who is responsible I have yet to ascertain although I know Peaches is innocent as the hair wasn't ginger.

Speaking of whom the great red hunter decided to become theatre critic the other afternoon after observing the rat dancing matinee show. The result of her review? She ate the lead dancer.

At present I am working my way through the messiest room of the cottage which or course is my office. The big bookshelf to the left takes over 17 boxes of books apparently. To protect them I stuff my jerseys in the boxes round them fervantly hoping we don't get a cold snap before I shift.

The latest news on my move is that I will finally gain possession of my new place on the 15th March. The landlord has a property manager from a local real estate firm and she told me that she needs to inspect the place before I move in (plus every six months after) but I should be good for that date. Unfortunately I now have to pay one week's rent letting fee, four week's bond and one week in advance coming to $857 which of course so looks like I'll charge a fee for people to come and look out the bathroom window at the dancing rat extravaganzas!

2 comments:

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

ewwwwwwwwww and oh no not a good place to sit

wow you sound like me a real book worm

isnt it expensive moving

have a good weekend
Jen

damask22 said...

I love reading Jen. I think it's one of my greatest joys in life. Hope you have a good weekend as well.

Jen