Sunday, February 17, 2008

First Anniversary


Late this morning Gine brought Marina and her daughter Charlotta out to visit their chickens. We stood out in the paddock while Charlotta hand fed them with Artemis Fowl excitedly joining in. I was told that the white rooster's name is Franz, the white hen is Natalie and the black hens Francesca and Lara! They have another grey hen who was meant to come out as well but she has two chicks at the moment so they'll be joining the flock after I move.

I was really pleased that Toby came round to say hello before Briar arrived for a cuddle with Gine and I resulting in both of us being covered with dirt as she'd been rolling. We finished the visit with a trip to the bunnies and then Kit had her stomach rubbed by Charlotta for a good ten minutes.

At 2.45pm a white car pulled up in the drive and two men got out. One came to the door and explained they were the clients from Auckland and asked if it be alright if they walked around the garden while they waited for the land agent. That was fine with me so they wandered around and ended walking along the shingle road so they could get a better look at the property. The agent then arrived and they spent a further half an hour going through the cottage. After they left I went out and saw a "for sale" sign nailed to the front fence which makes it all seem so final. It was only when I went back in that I realised that it is a year today since I first saw this place and knew that I was coming to live here.

No comments: