Monday, August 20, 2007

RIP Piper


Piper died an hour ago. She really fought to stay with us as I had expected her to pass away Friday. I moved her bed along mine and when she called out during the night would pat and talk to her until she settled. Over the weekend she wouldn't eat or get out of her bed but I carried water to her and kept her clean. This morning she couldn't meow or raise her head and by lunchtime she was breathing through her mouth. I decided if she was still with us tomorrow morning I would take her to the vet to have her put to sleep but typically Piper had other ideas and beat me to it.

I have buried her by the front carport overlooking the fields towards where the sun rises in the morning. I laid a pink camellia flower in her grave and one more on top and said a prayer that she's finally in a place with no more illness and where she will have the fine long tail she always wanted. Her sweet soul will be sorely missed around here.

No comments: