Friday, August 17, 2007

Nearing The End


It was a freezing cold day yesterday- the coldest this winter. I was inside by the fire wearing two jerseys and with a hot water bottle on my knee and I was still chilly. Most depressing though is that Piper has finally gone off her food and I can find nothing to tempt her with any more. This morning she didn't want to get out of bed so I carried her into the sitting room where it was warmer. I feel she won't even survive a car trip to the vet and that she's nearing the end. She has been inside three days now and I know she'll never go outside again.

I realize people would say that at least she lived fourteen months more than the vet originally envisaged but even so I can't help reflecting on how unfair it is that a cat so young should have been born with so many problems. Through it all she has remained remarkably good tempered. Piper has certainly earned her angel wings.

No comments: