Thursday, August 09, 2007

Little Moments Mean Alot


Tuesday night it became bitterly cold despite the fire and yesterday morning there was a frost plus snow on the foothills at the back on the cottage (pictured left one day when it was just raining). I rushed out at 7.15am and took photos of the snow on the ranges turning pink in the sunrise plus the dusting on the hills. Just as well I did because two hours later it had melted.

I spent most of the day at Otane at the painting group I attend once a week. I really look forward to these days out as not only do I get alot of painting done but I get to meet really nice people. There is a spinning group as well but I haven't managed to get to that yet. In fact I have done very little spinning at all lately which I feel badly about.

World War III continues with the cats. Kit knows she's doing wrong hurting them and will run out of the room when I tell her off but she seems consumed with jealousy. Piper couldn't give a hoot. She is so improved this week that she is eating all her meals and wanting lots of cuddles while we sit on the sofa.

The other morning I was washing out one of the litter trays as you do (a horrible job) while enjoying looking at the beautiful camellia tree which grows by the backyard. I noticed a bellbird hopping amongst the pink flowers feeding and it actually came within just three feet of me. I watched entranced for ten minutes until it flew away. Those little moments make life worth living.

No comments: