Saturday, October 13, 2007

A Wander Around The Garden


The bluebells are in flower here. A tub with a camellia tree by the back gate was the first to come into bloom and now there are plants flowering along the fence on the front lawn which has been a pleasant surprise. The dentata lavenders out the front have been a great display all winter and now the camellias are finishing other plants are coming into their own.

In the little courtyard where the clothes line is situated the blue delphiniums are in bud and there are four feet high blue cornflowers. This is probably the only place where tall plants have a chance here as the wind would normally flatten them. I have plants some Queen Anne's Lace by the Lavandula Stoecha and more round the eastern side of the house by the silver beet and non flowering broccoli (a big disappointment although the leaves look amazing).

By the garage there is more lavender and a grey leaved white daisy. I have a pot of purple primroses amongst these. Dotted around the whole garden are purple and blue pansies and heartsease plus a few darker blue forget me nots. There are also large poppy plants coming up but I have no idea what colour they'll be.

Although not a religious person there is a poem that I really think sums up having a garden for me.
The kiss of the sun for pardon
The songs of the birds for mirth
You are nearer God's heart in a garden
Than anywhere else on earth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE lavender we have a big bush of it

I love your flowers

I like Spring flowers

damask22 said...

Lavender is one of my favourites also. I think Spring is my favourite season in the garden.

Jen