Saturday, October 20, 2007

Local Bank Is Robbed

It was so cold yesterday morning that I lit the fire at 5am. Just as well as when I looked out the window later there was a dusting of snow on the hills at the back of here and the ranges were coated in the white stuff. Put on two jerseys to go to portraiture and was glad I did. Glenys and her sister in law Jenny picked me up just before 9am- Jenny had bravely volunteered to be the model. I had made the chocolate crunch slice the evening before so took some of this down there and everyone had a piece and no one died. That counts as a success in my book!

This morning I heard that the bank I used all the time before moving here had been robbed at gun point. A bit of a shock as I recognise the teller who was involved. The stolen getaway car was left at Omaranui Road Waiohiki also near where I used to live. Not surprising but that's another story. I hope they catch the people concerned but it does seem to have been well organised so who knows.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im sure your chocolate crunch was YUMMMY

praying for the bank teller
im sure it was very scary for her
the diary down the road got robbed a while ago by gun point i felt for them too

yep hope the catch them!!! Im holding my tongue. People who scare or hurt others are lowlifes

damask22 said...

I remember when that dairy was robbed as I have friends who live in the area. It's becoming a really scary time to live in with all the whack jobs out there just waiting to hurt others.