Friday, October 26, 2007

Spring Tidying


I am fed up with the wind. It seems never to end up here and the damage it is wreaking is pretty depressing. An ambulance near Dannevirke (just south of here) was blown over and written off, trucks were tipping over and roofs were making a break for freedom. Officially the wind was gusting at 122km although in one area in Otago it was 170km! The other night the whole cottage shook with the big gusts yet I still managed to sleep through it.

Not much you can do in weather like this but wait it out. I did tidy round the back door area yesterday morning and in the afternoon Ian unexpectedly turned up to mow the lawns. He also has begun trimming the hedge but he only had the equipment to do the sides and will have to come back to finish the top. He arrived here in shirt sleeves but I noticed within five minutes he was in his sweats. He told me that at Tiko it was hot as anything but that it was very cold up here. Yep that's what it's like near the ranges.

Also great news that Richard is finally coming on Sunday to collect the old Nissan my landlady gave him SEVEN months ago. It has been parked outside the front of the place ever since I moved in, a wonderful home for rats who have collected their stash of half eaten walnut shells in the engine. I think his friend Tony is bringing a big trailer and they're going to get the thing up on that as it's not road worthy. Finally will be able to see the garden at the front plus I won't have people commenting on it sitting there. It still has its Rolls Royce sticker on the front although he wind has begun to lift it. It's a wonder the whole thing wasn't tipped up the other day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its been WINDY here too
good for the washing but not much else

be wonderful to get rid of that eye sore and be able to see your garden :)

have a good weekend :)

damask22 said...

Yes I am definitely trying to declutter the place. Bad enough when you have your own junk without collecting other people's as well. However my brother is a hoarder like our Dad so you have to make allowances for him. :o)