Monday, January 14, 2008

My Favourite Room


At every place I've ever lived my favourite room has been my bedroom. It's a peaceful place which is why I don't allow a TV in there. The last two places I've lived have been rentals so I have limited potential for decorating but happily this room is blue and that's a colour that matches practically everything so all my hand-me-downs fit perfectly. It's a dark room and only receives morning sun in the summer although the afternoon light streams in through the little window to the south/west. This makes it lovely and cool on these hot days which is why Demelza cat loves spending so much time asleep in here.

Since my fall I have been forced to take it easy. I have some lovely bruises developing shades to match the walls although most of them are deep seated, especially on my back. The best you can do in this situation is to see the positive side and that is that I am catching up with my reading and sleeping. Also I am noticing little things happening outside through the sitting room window. Last night I saw a hawk circling in the paddock next door before swooping on something in the long grass. Immediately four magpies began dive bombing him before a second hawk flew in as back up. A huge hare bounded along and then stood up on his hind legs to see what all the excitement was about. There are usually five magpies scrapping next door so it will be interesting to see if one of these were the hawk's snack last night.

2 comments:

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

what a nice room you have
take it easy
interesting things you see out your window

jen

damask22 said...

There is a huge Cecile Brunner (sweetheart rose) bush outside that window. Feel a bit like Briar Rose sleeping under it.

Jen