Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Happily Fleeced

Starting the day with a laugh is probably as important to your health as eating an apple a day. I think my immune system got a great boost this morning when someone rang Solid Gold radio station complaining about a certain lady politician who is prone to introducing bills that will cause more government interference in people's lives. He not only called her an idiot but remarked that he'd seen "better legs on a crayfish"! Very un-PC but hilarious all the same.

Yesterday Gine and I washed the walls near the front door where the trees had been growing. Some of the dirt was so ingrained that Gine's repeated scrubbing did little to remove it but despite this the cottage looks much cleaner. Finished up by hosing down the front steps where the chicks have been living in their cage. They were enjoying the afternoon in a large cage positioned on the lawn under the trees where it was breezy and cool whereas Gine and I were soon little melting grease spots.


Gine also delivered my fleece from Waddle Inn. My friend John had given it to me after shearing his Perendales a couple of years ago and it had sat in a sack waiting for me to get round to sending it for processing. What was surprising was how this dark grey fleece turned a beautiful white after washing and how fine and silky it was. Now I am guiltily thinking of all the fleeces I already have stored in wardrobes plus all the greasy ones needing washing. I used to mock spinners with their ever growing stashes of fibre but I am just as bad.

2 comments:

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

My Trier calls a certain lady politician the scary lady

Jen

damask22 said...

Out of the mouths of babes.......:o)