Monday, May 28, 2007

Two Ks- Kit and Kaffe Fassett

Don't know whether it's because I've overdone it lately or else because I am stressed but ended up with my first migraine in over a year yesterday. A good night's sleep has eased it off but it's still lurking in the background.

Linda and Hans brought Kit over early Saturday evening. This time she seemed to know it was different and was much more timid. The cats have studiously ignored her which is a good thing as it will allow her to settle in a bit better without all the added cat politics and mind games (Demelza especially is good at that). I put her litter tray in the sitting room and left her in there over night. She scratched at the door at about 3am but ran away when I opened it. Since then Kit's been ensconced under the sofa- she hasn't eaten or drunk anything so I am relieved that she's so big as she'll be able to live off her reserves for a while. Linda dropped a list of her preferences and nicknames off late afternoon but didn't come inside or speak so the cat wouldn't know she was there.
Linda has offered me a large white cabinet out of their bedroom. It has lots of shelving and two doors which need to be rehung so would provide more storage. Just trying to work out where to place it- the only room I can think of is the spare one so will need to reposition the bed. Was hoping Maxine would be coming to help this morning but she's full of flu so will need to suck it up and do it myself.

Kaffe Fassett is touring New Zealand at the moment and although I can't knit or sew properly I would love to attend one of his workshops. The guy is just so multi talented- I don't know where he gets the time to create and how he keeps so inspired. As a painter I especially admire his art but kudos to anyone who tries to bring more colour into the world.

No comments: