Sunday, May 13, 2007

Back From Playing Hookey


I've been playing hookey lately and going to town with the neighbour down the road when she gets bored. Although this helps me get out amongst the living I have got terribly behind with things up here. However did complete a skein of spinning which I've listed on Trademe for sale. It's merino x although there must be more x to it as it feels too coarse for merino. At the moment working on a large bag of fawn coloured fibre which I think may be alpaca. It was given to me by the office lady at Kell's Wool in Napier. There is 500 grams in the bag which is a good amount so hopefully I will be able to sell it once it's spun.
Have been lighting the fire at mid day the last couple of days as it's turned chilly. This morning we had our first decent frost of the autumn but in return it's a lovely sunny day. Today I will be doing the first clean up of the paddock- in other words collecting donkey poo. Yes that's the highlight of my day apart from a little painting this morning.

No comments: