Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Mondayitis


There were four of these characters on the front lawn this morning. For some reason they looked like a quartet of judges holding a hearing. They terrorize the small birds and will even take on a hawk and chase it out of the area.

Linda (the neighbour who has been visiting lately) rang last Friday to say that her husband has been offered a job in Holland and they'll be leaving within the next three weeks. Saturday I went to her house and we did an inventory of items, what was for sale and how much she wanted for them. I bought a wooden bookshelf Hans had made for $10 plus a couple of office items for the EDFNZ. The biggie I really wanted was her large TV as it was only two years old. I have been suffering with my mother's old 15" portable for eight years so was so tempted but of course didn't have any money.

On returning home I rang a few family and friends and read them the list to see what they wanted to buy. Within an hour two had rung back offering to loan me the money to buy the TV so I told Linda I would take it. They also bought several of her things for themselves and by Monday afternoon she had sold nearly everything in her house apart from a double bed, fridge and two cars.

Late Monday the bus pulled up at my gate and Linda came in as I had offered for her to take some of the boxes I'd used to move. Conroys are shifting them and had advised against grocery boxes but she took the large sturdy ones that had been used to carry the computer, TV and other electrical items. Was so pleased to see an empty space appear in the carport.
I nodded off in the evening. It had been a busy day as I had put clean water in the aquarium, done two loads of washing, dusted the cottage, moved the new bookcase plus Maxine came late morning and vacuumed and cleaned as well until the whole place sparkled. Added to that it was unseasonably warm so I didn't have to light the fire.

Piper has been losing weight lately and despite worming her a couple of times she hasn't improved. Now she is drinking a great deal and of course urinating even more so looks like a visit to the vet is called for. As this is a new one for me I'm going to have to save up first as I haven't an account there but hopefully will sell some of my own items to fund her visit. The move was as expensive as I envisaged- I've calculated it's going to take me two years to pay for it but I am booked to do an exhibition with the New Zealand Art Guild in August (at the Bruce Mason Centre in Auckland) so fingers crossed I'll sell a few paintings.

No comments: