Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Ides of March

It is the first of March here in New Zealand. I remembered to say rabbits first thing this morning (forgot about saying "hares" last thing before going to sleep though) so lets hope that brings me some luck.

Judy M dropped in nine Wyandotte eggs last Sunday. It worked out well as when I went to put them under Cordelia she was out having a drink so I was able to clean out all the old ones (another had exploded that morning) and put a fresh nest in. She knew what I was doing as she kept popping her head through the door and clucking abuse at me. However the joy of having a new batch of eggs overcame her objections and she's back on the boil. Poor thing seems to have been sitting forever.

I have an interesting problem with my house bun Muggles. He has fallen in love with Mishka the dog and unfortunately it seems to be in the biblical sense. I let him out to have breakfast with us (he gets a little crust off my toast) and noticed he was following Mish round the room. He then began circling frantically even hopping under his stomach. Next thing.......well I'm afraid that's x rated. Suffice to say that he got the wrong way round and it all ended in tears! However I don't have much sympathy for the dog either as he has a similar habit......with the cats. This is a twisted household.

No comments: