Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year


New Year's Eve went by in a blur. Decided to watch "Phantom of the Opera" and by the time it finished it was dark and I had to try and find the youngest cats who had been up to hijinks outside. Peaches was so obedient and trotted inside but Gypsy couldn't get past Demelza whose entire existence is now devoted to keeping her up in the trees/roof/any item of furniture with her seated at the bottom glaring. Gyps ended up skipping across the cattlestop with me in hot pursuit holding a torch. This turned into a game with my temper unraveling as she did her wild witchy cat dance across the fields. In the end I shone the torch in front of her and she came to a full stop without her spotlight to perform in so I was able to bundle her up and get her back to the house. I am not a night person and if I can't get to sleep early I get decidedly cranky.

I hope 2006 is a much better year here although it has started shakily with my washing machine going into decline. Even refurbished ones locally cost NZ$445.00 yet you can buy a new one for just over $600.00 with a warranty. The vet bills I had in 2005 would have bought two and a drier as well. Best not to think about it really!

No comments: