Saturday, January 07, 2006

Aftermath


The wind has finally gone after ripping plants out of my garden and bringing down branches. Even the tarp covering Chocolate's outdoor hutch kept whipping off despite being weighed down with eleven bricks! The fields are quite brown now and it doesn't get like that too often here.

The great clean-up has finished. My eastern shelterbelt is trimmed so I've lost privacy but gained light. While the landlord's backpacker was here I got stuck into the garden as I knew they would cart the rubbish away. Tidied up the brick windowbox at the front and pulled a creeper out of the fushia bushes which left them pretty bare as it was strangling the life out of them. I have lost two plum trees that were growing in the wrong place and the landlord also cut trees on the southern bounday so the hen house has lost alot of its shelter. I may have to string a tarp on the run to shelter the chooks when winter comes. Otherwise it's looking very tidy and once I tidy up two more flower beds (an hour's work at most) it will be set till the Autumn clean up.

No comments: