Thursday, January 08, 2009

Furballs Rule OK


Kit is one very constipated cat. I noticed her making frequent trips to her litter box where she squeezed her full rotundedness into the small space, staring up at me with big soulful yellow eyes. I figured being long haired she must have an obstruction so yesterday began giving her "Cat Lax" which is meant to solve the hairball problem. Totally offended at having an inch of dark brown goo squished onto her nice clean white paw Kit now turns her back on me while "in situ" so that I can only see a humungous black fluffy tail hanging over the edge of the tray. Some creatures just don't appreciate being helped. Very few supermarkets seem to stock the anti hairball formulated dry food she's meant to eat so often I have to substitute the weight watcher's version instead. It doesn't look any different and still costs a tail and a paw but obviously it's not doing the job as Kit still wobbles about like a black furry basketball with legs.

I had a tough start to the year when one of my new does suddenly died on New Year's Day. Initially I thought she was being affected by the heat so treated her accordingly but was completely shocked when I went to feed her in the afternoon and found her lying stone dead on the cage floor. Two days later her litter sister went the same way with no preceding symptoms. I was completely devastated as I could not work out what the problem was and after nearly a week it is still a mystery as everyone else is fine.

I was meant to go see a house on Tuesday. Sounded ideal and the landlady seemed keen but the next morning there was a message on the phone from her husband saying he wanted a man who could take over farm work when they went on holiday. I rang another number only to be told they'd just leased out their land and there was only a house available. So it looks like I shall have to advertise in the local newspaper when it starts up again.

After reading about the Law Of Attraction (thinking positive) I sat down and made a "vision board" with pictures and words of everything I want to attract into my life. I stuck a photo of my ideal house with the words "own your own piece of paradise" beneath just to give the universe a hint. And ok there was a picture of Johnny Depp on the page as well but you just never know.....

No comments: