Friday, September 26, 2008

On The Road Again


It's been quite a week. Firstly losing Pip last Saturday, then his son Frodo had some sort of stroke the same day. He became extremely weak on his left side but I treated him with some fresh grass to tempt his appetite and by Monday he was sitting up again and eating on his pellets . Tuesday he seemed a bit weak and when I came home from my art class on Wednesday afternoon he was dead. Obviously he had had another fit as his water bottle was knocked off the cage. He and his Dad are buried side by side now in the garden.

Thursday 25th September was destined to be a life changing day. Just before lunchtime my landlord knocked on my front door and told me he had bad news. Although he had told me this rental was long term he had decided to convert the farm to dairy and would need my house for his new staff. He had known he would ask me to leave for five weeks as did nearly every one else here on the farm although they were told not to say anything. He has given me until the end of January 2009 to find somewhere else to live, mid March at the latest.

Shocked and slightly devastated I rang my brother, then my friend John and then finally my friend Glenys who drove here and sat with me for a couple of hours. She has already put the word out for another place for me with her brother and neighbours. All last night I kept waking up and wondering if this was just a nightmare. The third move in two years and this time with absolutely no cash. I guess I can never say life is boring!

No comments: