Monday, March 03, 2008

"The G Girls" and the Crazy Loom Woman


Yesterday afternoon the chicks made the move to "the big house". I carried the family (including a still clucky Mum) out in their night cage and put this in the back of the hen house with a feed bag on the top so they would not be bombed from above by any fowls who went to sleep on top. Their first experience of free ranging in the back paddock today consists of a welcome steady rain which must come as quite a shock to them after their previously sheltered and droughty life.

My original guess of four pullets and one rooster turned out to be correct so I have named the four females "The G Girls". That is they are named after friends of mine: Gine, Glenys, Gaye and Gwendolyn. Fortunately no one has been insulted by having a chook named after them.

Yesterday I also did a stupid and impulsive thing. I bought a loom. Yes just what I need to worry about with shifting and everything else that is going on at the moment. However it was a table loom with accessories, six years old but never used for $35! This instead of between $200-300. However it is up in Helensville and although I have a friend who visits her son there every fortnight I now have to work out how to get it from her place in Auckland. Crazy........That Trademe is an evil website.

2 comments:

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

LOL I actually like trademe and I think the loom sounds great
hope once you get it you enjoy it
jen

damask22 said...

So do I. It was too good a bargain to miss though. Jen