Saturday, June 30, 2007

Winter Hits Hawkes Bay

It's been a week of terribly bitter weather here. Thursday I awoke to a black frost which didn't leave the grass until 11 am. Thank goodness for the fire is all I can say as I am basically living in the sitting room most of the day. It is even worse round the rest of the country- Queenstown basically shut down for a few days as no one could move in or out due to snow. The photo is of the Ruahine Ranges which run west down to Wellington. Not the exact view from here but very similar. The other morning when I went out the back door the snow was right down on the foot hills. Looked like they'd been dusted with icing sugar.


I am still unwell. Doctor says it's not a bad kidney infection but it certainly has made me feel like death warmed up. No spinning at the moment, just some art and reading between checking on everyone outside.

No comments: