Friday, March 02, 2007

Goodbye Piper


It's now a week since Piper disappeared so I must come to terms that she is dead. I contacted the vet earlier this week and the receptionist had a word with him before ringing back to say that he felt her meds were now out of her system and she was extremely ill and hiding away. They both felt the prognosis was poor. I know Doug didn't think she would survive the examination he gave her way back in June and refused to give her any medication at the visit as he was worried her heart would give out from the stress of administering it. The propranalol pills brought Piper back to her old self, she was even frisky and playing with the water out of the hose like she did as a kitten. She had eight months more life than we thought she would and although I knew her life wouldn't be long I am still so sad that it was cut short as it was. Piper was only three years old.

No comments: