Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Flight Of The Wasp

Packing is on hold at the moment since I've run out of boxes. Have completed tearing my bedroom to bits though, taking down all the nick nacks I usually have to dust. Still have alot to do with just nine days till the move. Have lists of lists of tasks and am feeling really stressed.

In the middle of all this Sunday I was moving all my potted plants from the patio when something black flew into my face. Next moment I was in excrutiating pain-turns out I was stung in the nose by a paper wasp. Don't recommend it as you end up feeling like you've been hit by a bat.

Had a trip back out to Tiko last week to see the place again and meet a couple of the neighbours. The landlady is leaving a few things behind including her aquarium of fish and some items of furniture which I can use. She is moving out about the 28th but says I can begin shifting things in before then. It's just a matter of finding people willing to help as it is an hour's drive from my current home to the new place.

Oh and yesterday the current landlord and landlady came over with a tradesman to measure the cottage for carpet and lino. Looks like the whole place is going to be renovated once I'm gone. C'est la vie!

No comments: