Friday, March 22, 2013

Things That Go Spew In The Night

I regard myself as a patient person when it comes to the cats. Even when they insist in waking me at stupid o'clock in the morning to have their breakfast I figure I needed to get up for a "pit stop" anyway. If I do attempt to sleep in Gypsy will begin jumping over my head leaping from side to side and if that doesn't work she'll start batting objects off the dressing table. If I'm still sleeping Demelza will start her percussion practise by banging the wardrobe door repeatedly. Gemma and Kit meanwhile will sleep on till I'm ready.

So there I was at 3.15am this morning after seeing to everyone, sitting up in bed with tea and a gingernut reading my library book which was propped up on my knees. As it's getting chilly these days Gemma likes to burrow under the covers to curl up under my knees until I snuggle down again. But this morning she made a hasty exit and it wasn't until I grabbed the side of the bed that I put my hand in something wet. Lifting up the sheet in horror I saw that she managed to silently regurgitate most of her breakfast underneath me.
Gemma in her pre-Exorcist days
So that was how at 4am I was changing sheets only to find when I got back in that the residue must have permeated the wool rest beneath. I therefore spent the remainder of the night sleeping on a towel. Gemma just cuddled up with me again. We were both too tired to have a discussion about the incident.

No comments: