Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Kit Cat

Kit cat is finding this hot summer rather taxing. To avoid the heat she either digs herself under a rhododendron bush in the front yard, hides under the sofa or drapes herself across the top of an armchair to avail herself of the updraft from the fan.
When the weather cools down somewhat she'll walk behind the other cats and swat them on the back of their hind legs which causes them to launch into orbit. Otherwise she can be found admiring herself in mirrors.
She is so laid back that she didn't even mind having "Ratty" an eco rat made from recycled plastic bottles, snuggle up to her one evening. Lets face it to get rid of him would have involved moving a few inches sideways and she was too exhausted from sleeping to do that.
I always feel a bit of a fraud having such a glamour puss in my house as I tend to have quirky and mentally disturbed felines but Kit was gifted to me nearly six years ago when her owners returned to live in the Netherlands. Despite my common ways Kit manages to tolerate me. Mostly.

No comments: