Sunday, December 13, 2009

Paranormal Photography

Being brought up in a family of mixed Anglican/Spiritualists there has always been some interesting conversations regarding the afterlife, ghosts, spirits, and all the other ephemera of New Age philosophies. However having a brother and friends who are Atheists I always try to have a slightly sceptical attitude to some areas of spirituality. I want to be open minded but not the extent that my mind is downright draughty. Trips to the library always begin at the "Spirituality/Metaphysical" section where I usually find a couple of books to keep me going. Last month I discovered "How To Photograph the Paranormal" by Leonore Sweet PhD which contained some pretty startling photos of orbs that she had taken. I decided to have a go myself since I now have a digital camera and am not wasting valuable (and expensive) film.

First night I turned off my bedside lamp and shot blindly around the room. At first there were just some photos of startled cats but out of ten pictures there were three showing unexplained round "things". I could see where the flash was reflecting and this was nowhere near the round orbs. Second night Mishka and I went outside and I blindly shot around the garden before my camera batteries went flat after just a few photos. This picture shows a large gold orb hovering just over the fence and following Mishka. There was also another later on of an orb following him back up the driveway.

One evening I turned off the lights inside and then hung my arm way out of the window facing away from the house shooting into the darkness. There was no moonlight that night and I wasn't near any reflective surfaces so this picture came as quite a surprise.

I have spoken of what I have been doing the last few nights with several friends. One, an Atheist, does not believe "in that sort of thing", one was bemused and one tried to work out what these objects are, whether they're energy forms or spirits. As for myself I have ruled out bugs as they show up as white flecks, I don't photograph in the rain and the atmosphere is calm so there wasn't any dust. I am now encouraging everyone I know with digital cameras to try photograph around their own homes to see what shows up.

2 comments:

trendy georgia said...

Hi..I have the paranormal photo to end all photos published on my log. It was taken many years ago and not picked up until recently. I read the same book as you and didnt know how i viewed the evidence, but I have to say the photo that i have is unelievable!! So it is something that i am interested in,
Cherry

damask22 said...

I would really be interested to see it if you post a link. I have a couple of friends trying to photograph phenomena but the only picture one person was able to take was quite by accident while taking a family photo.