Saturday, December 26, 2009

And the poppies and orbs go on


One day we broil, the next morning there is a frost. Such is December in Central Hawkes Bay. But the poppies continue to amaze including a wonderful fluffy pink individual behind the hen house. I have taken so many shots of this I can see a series of very cliche paintings. Meanwhile the lawn had grown and grown as I waited to see if I can get extra money to get it knocked back. The quote I was given was $100 which at Christmas was too much to cobble together but I was lucky that Glenys and her husband came down a week ago and mowed half, the part you can see from the road thankfully. Arthur took half an hour to ride the mower down the road from their house while Glenys looking pretty snappy in t-shirt and shorts pulled up in a quad bike pulling a trailer containing rakes and wheelbarrow. While Arthur spent two hours trying to tame the grass Glenys and I raked before she threw it over the fence. By the time lunchtime had arrived we had turned into three grease spots. Poor Arthur was then faced with a weary and extremely slow trip back home.


I continue to go outside some nights orb hunting. One evening I followed Mishka up the drive photographing all the way and in each shot there was a white orb floating in the air just above the fence before settling beside Mish. I wonder if it's a dog lover? My paranormal photography adventures inspired my brother to try taking photos at the end of his garden. After a particularly spectacular shot of a white orb which turned out to be some one's soccer ball he managed to capture a couple of large ones in a photo. My friend John however had no luck whatsoever until his wife photographed him with his two grandchildren outside during the day and the resulting photo showed a large grey cloud coming out of his head. Unfortunately he's now convinced himself that this means he's going to die. So if you're wandering around Napier at night and see bright flashes coming from various gardens you'll know what's happening. There is a whole lot of orbing going on.

No comments: