Thursday, May 01, 2008

Cat On A Hot Wheatpack

Cats are definitely opportunists and they do tend to look after number one. Especially when it comes to keeping warm. Demelza follows the sun round all day, first sitting in the front door before venturing out on the verandah into the morning warmth. She then goes into the garden and works her way around the house as the sun moves towards the back.
Gypsy however is a great fan of technology. As a youngster she used to curl up asleep on the computer monitor. In winter she wakes me up in the early hours wailing until I let her crawl into bed so she can benefit from the effects of the electric blanket. However now she has discovered my wheatpacks. I leave them discarded on the sofa for just a minute so I can either get a drink or make a pit stop, only to come back and find Gypsy neatly enscounced on top of them. As to all appearances she seems to have suddenly fallen into a deep sleep from which it would be downright cruel to wake her I have to wait until she gets up before I can retrieve them. One thing I do know- she's not only toasty warm but she won't have a painful bone in her body!

2 comments:

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

I like wheat packs too
Gypsy sounds a like a character :)
Jen

damask22 said...

Yes she is certainly entertaining.

Jen