Friday, September 14, 2007

Miffed Pets

Demelza is pretty miffed with me this morning as Peaches has usurped her usual place on my knee. She's prowling around the office making annoyed whinny sounds and doing naughty things to gain my attention. Last night a friend rang so Melz tripped the light fantastic along the mantelpiece and although she did get down when I yelled at her a minute later I turned to find her with hind feet on the arm of the sofa and front feet propped on the mantelpiece, just standing there to see if I would turn round and look. She was so mischievous that in the end I sat on the sofa and she came and cuddled up with me which is apparently what she wanted all along. She is a four year old child in a furry body.

My friend John visited yesterday bringing half a cord of firewood to hopefully get me through the last of the colder weather. He threw it under the front carport to dry out. He and his wife have been so incredibly kind to me in the ten years I've known them that I don't know how I would have got through at times without their support.

The other excitement was that Briar attacked Toby again. I watched in horror as she stood over his inert body but by the time I got out in the paddock he was standing up again although Briar was still huffing and puffing. She never did this before she came to live here and with me she's the gentlest animal you'll ever meet.


Got some photos back last week and found this shot of one end of the kitchen looking towards the "gallery" where I hang paintings for sale. It is a sunny room for much of the day and so much larger than my previous kitchen. The cats surely love it as they spend much of their time in there.

No comments: