Sunday, January 07, 2007

Tuis


There have been a couple of tuis in the garden this week feasting from the flowering flax bushes. My grandfather used to call them by their nickname of The Parsonbird for the white feathers adorning their throat. Their beautiful throaty warble is so lovely to listen to and if you're good at whistling a tune (which I'm not) you can have a bit of fun with them as they'll try and imitate you.

It is now a week since Muggles died and there have been no deaths amongst the other animals so it seems it was nothing contagious. When I think of how he looked at the end I am now convinced that he died in his sleep. I miss having him running around the place although the cats seem relieved to not have him pushing them off their pieces of toast at breakfast time.

With the changeable weather I have been spending time inside catching up on projects. I have also been trying to do more spinning and completed a couple of skeins for The Shearing Shed this week. Did get excited about a potential rental but it turned out to be only short term so had to let it go. It was a real shame as it was in an area I like and was much closer to family and friends. I hope this year brings me positive changes as all this uncertainty is very stressful.

No comments: