Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Joke's On Me

Yesterday I was coming back from taking letters out to the mailbox when my landlord walked into the backyard saying he had something unpleasant to discuss with me. I immediately thought that after all the work they've been doing lately he was going to increase my rent but instead he told me his partner's father needs to come and live here and I'll have to move on. I have until April to find somewhere else to live as they want the place vacant by winter. However he did say that at least I would have the place looking nice for the summer!

Spent the remainder of the afternoon ringing everyone I know with rural connections, leaving messages to keep their ear to the ground for any properties for rent. This couldn't come at a worse time for me financially either. I never recovered from my last two moves in 1998 and I haven't any savings to fall back on as I have been coping with disaster after disaster since then. I have already been listing auctions on Trademe so will continue doing this throughout the summer to try and raise some cash.

I am devastated to say the least but need to keep going and find a safe place for the animals and myself.

No comments: