Friday, June 02, 2006

Return of the Prodigal

Last night I was dishing myself some ice cream while watching American Idol when I heard a small knock at the back door. Couldn't see who it was through the glass so turned on the light and it was........Angel! After five and a half months away she is in pretty good shape, not too thin but not fat either and very very foul tempered.

I fed her twice and kept her inside all night by locking her in the laundry. When I opened the door at 5am she was asleep in the litter tray as she used to do (must add it had clean kitty litter in it) rather than sleep in the clothes hamper like the other cats would have done. Gave her a huge breakfast and she has just gone outside.

I am worried that she is so bad tempered. She'll smooch around my legs one minute and then turn on me if I go to pat her. If she is still around by Wednesday when I'm due in town I'll take her to the vet and get Doug to give her the once over. Haven't had a vet bill for six months so I guess it's time to break my run of luck.

Other news is that the farrier finally turned up on Tuesday morning two weeks after he was actually due. Didn't even have to tie Briar up as she stood with her head right down Eeyore-like while he trimmed her hooves. He always says he wishes all donkeys were like her as most are real horrors to work with. Unfortunately his prices have gone up again (second time in six months) due to the rising costs of petrol so it's now $30 a hoof trim. I've booked Briar in for another pedicure in July.

No comments: