Friday, June 16, 2006

Cages


Last Wednesday I finally managed to get out to see the lady who had offered me free wire rabbit cages at the Creative Fibre Festival. We were running late as the car took an hour and a half to start due to a dying battery (to go along with the brakes and tires that also need replacing) so I ended up there at 10.59am instead of 10.30am as promised. However the lady had pulled a double cage out and I was able to view it without getting out of the car which saved time.

They are double ones and look like old poultry brooder cages. Despite having been outside for ten years they haven't got a touch of rust that I can see. The wire is thicker than in my present cages with a double thickness coming up the side for strength. Added to that they're slightly larger than my present wooler cages plus they come with feeders. The lady says I can have them all- all 100 of them!

I spoke to my friend John who by coincidence lives round the corner from her, in fact his family passes by her property when they go into town. He has a trailer and will bring as many cages out as he can in stages. We'll pile them up under the trees at the back of this place after replacing my two banks of rusted cages which he says he will take away to the dump for me. I am extremely relieved as I have been trying to replace my older cages for so long now. I can't believe how providence led this lady to me!

No comments: