Monday, May 08, 2006

Webbed Feet

Two things I am wishing for at the moment. Webbed feet and a digital camera so I could show the devastation caused by all this rain. Had two lots of visitors over the weekend and they couldn't use my driveway in from the road as the culvert has washed out. Instead they drove round to my landlord's gateway and then made a shortcut across the paddock in front of his place into mine. Hard to explain without a photo but at least they were able to get in here.

Today is meant to be sunny which will at least mean that I can do some washing before the rain returns for the rest of the week. It's also nowhere as cold as usual for autumn which for me confirms that our climate is changing. Last year was a warm wet winter and this one looks like it's going to be even worse.

My chick is four weeks old now. She is brown with a few white speckles on her back so lets hope she is going to turn out to be one of the painterly chickens. Cordelia's wheezing was non existent yesterday so am wondering if the pile of garlic I threw into the henhouse late last week helped. I have given all the other animals apple cider vinegar and garlic in their drinking water to help build up their immune systems.

Otherwise my life consists of mud, mud, and more mud.

No comments: