Friday, April 07, 2006

Baby Photos

Finally got my latest film developed with shots of the last litter. Although they're now five months old and have just had their first adult coat harvested in these shots they're just ten weeks old.

This is Giselle and Sherbet in all their glory. Sherbet is the buck I had to revive in warm water at age three days when he got out of the nestbox one night. This was not a one off experience as he was constantly trying to get to his mother for a sneaky feed. He is a huge character. Giselle has a stunning coat now, beautiful and silky. Like all sooty fawns she is extremely outgoing.

Harmony and Goblin are both gentle and a bit more laid back. I had forgotten how incredibly white angora coats can be.

I am having problems obtaining a fine white fleece for blending so will have to put some white into a pale grey one I bought last winter. I have some grey fibre I was given but this was clipped and third grade was thrown in with the first. Have spent three nights painstakingly picking through the bags removing substandard fibre and second cuts. This has reduced the amount of first grade fibre quite drastically and there is not enough for a blend. Note to self: contact the wool buyers a couple of months before you actually need the fleece to give them time to source something good.

No comments: