Thursday, April 08, 2010

The Mean Cat From Next Door


World War III broke out here an hour ago when next door's mean cat paid a visit. This grey and white bully lives across the paddock in the farm worker's cottage but apparently this is a part time arrangement as every few days she walks a few hundred metres to the shearer's quarters where she spends a few nights with her owner's brother before returning and beginning the whole process over again. She usually take a short cut through my garden and this morning I heard a thump and some serious growling before I saw her sitting calmly on the front path with her ears flattened, standing on tippy toes glaring at Kit who was crouched on the front door step. I let Kit inside and yelled at Mishka to wake up. It took him a while to get his bearings and then realising he was on duty he strutted outside to sort the situation. However the cat went back up enpointe and growled at him so he turned tail and shuffled back inside.

By this time Demelza was in the loop and she sat by the armchair looking out the dining room window with her fur on end ala Adam Lambert. Kit (not a light weight in any shape manner or form) was walking around wailing. I opened the door and did the shoo thing but the cat just growled at me as well. She even let me take her photo to record her vistory. However I discovered her nemesis in the form of Mr Water Jug and hopefully by now she's back on the road to or from home. Now I'm left with three cats on duty in various windows while the dog has calmly gone back to sleep content in the knowledge that he saved the day...

No comments: