Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunrise, Moonrise


Gypsy wakes me at 3.30am most mornings by hopping over my head while I'm sleeping. A couple of nights ago she was so bad that I swore at her and put her off the bed only to hear a happy purring from the end of the bed where Peaches was taking great pleasure in seeing her sibling getting told off for once. Eventually I get up only I'm shivering as it is becoming quite chilly in the mornings now. When I open the back door the sun still hasn't risen but is usually just peeping over the eastern hills as I head outside to check on everyone. Within a few minutes the sun has put his hat on and it's all downhill from there.


Last week we had a rad orange moon but by the time I dashed inside to find the camera it had faded to a sickly cream but it was still pretty impressive. So much so that I had to resist the urge to strip off and do some naked tree dancing on the front lawn.

On a sad note- Amber, a cantankerous old golden bantam fell off her perch Wednesday morning. I was just getting over digging the grave in the afternoon when I found one of the white chicks dead with a broken neck. Of course it had to be a pullet as roosters are made of stainless steel and never die. I can look back now and realize that I must have made a fascinating sight sitting on the lawn giving a white chick mouth to beak resuscitation but when you're in shock you don't think straight do you.

No comments: