Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Lost Stitch


I have begun knitting again. No really I have begun knitting again for the first time in {cough} years. I saw some purple feathery yarn in Waipukurau and decided to "create" a scarf for a friend's birthday in July.

Knitting is a bit like riding a bike- soon as you start you remember how to do it. However I will admit that it took me two hours to cast on and complete three rows that first evening and there was quite alot of swearing involved. Then they don't tell you that if you drop a stitch with this slippery shiny stuff you can't find it again and have to unravel what you've done and start again. Three times! However I am proud to report that I have now knitted about six inches of scarf and that the swearing has diminished to a faint muttering.

No comments: